Re: JAWS and Progress Bars

Mike B. <mb69mach1@...>

Yes, it is using a  sound but, Jaws will only do a single beep for the sound, not a continuous pitch changing sound.  If that isn't good enough, take it up with Freedom Scientific or, use NVDA!  I'm only reporting your optionns, not making the options!
Take care.
Mike
Sent from my iBarstool.  Go Dodgers!

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Sunday, October 16, 2016 12:26 PM
Subject: Re: JAWS and Progress Bars

I'm confused. Are you saying JAWS can't have a beep that increases in pitch like that of NVDA? That's an example of "Playing a sound", is it not?

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Mike B.
Sent: Sunday, October 16, 2016 12:18 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io

I think you would need a program to do what you're wanting to do using Jaws.  With Jaws you can only make it do a sound instead of reporting by voice.
Take care.
Mike
Sent: Sunday, October 16, 2016 12:08 PM

What I mean is, I want to have JAWS beep at an increasing pitch when a progress bar moves along, for example, when loading a project in Cakewalk Sonar.

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Mike B.
Sent: Sunday, October 16, 2016 12:01 PM

Yes, in the Settings Center, default all applications, under Speech & Sounds Schemes, this can be done.  The Progress Bar  option is in the, Control Type, tab.
Take care.
Mike
Sent: Saturday, October 15, 2016 11:40 PM

I’m not seeing where you could make it beep, but in the edit box of the setting center, type in progress and the progress bar announcement will be the first choice.  Press spacebar to cycle through the different options. There is 5 seconds, and others, plus off that you could select. No beep though.

Kimsan Song

kimsansong@...

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Annabelle Susan Morison
Sent: Saturday, October 15, 2016 7:48 PM
Subject: JAWS and Progress Bars

Hi, it's Annabelle.

I know that in NVDA, there's a parameter where you can choose to have progress bars "Speak" or "Beep", and I wonder if JAWS can do the same as well? If so, what's the parameter I could use to select whether JAWS speaks or beeps when announcing progress bars? So far, the only parameters I've found for progress bars in JAWS are "Spoken" and "Silent".

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.