From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of ratshtron
Sent: Saturday, October 15, 2016 2:03 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: NVDA

you can shut down nvda with insert+q i believe.

Legend has it that on Saturday 10/15/2016 12:52 PM, Sieghard Weitzel said:

I know this is a Jaws list, but I was hoping somebody could point me to
a tutorial or Podcast on NVDA and maybe answer one question: how can I
unload NVDA? I assume there is a shortcut key for this similar to Jaws
Key+F4 for Jaws. I downloaded NVDA and it started up in this horrible
voice. I had it years ago and bought Eloquence and I just have to
figure out again how I can get this set up as I'd like to learn how to
use it a bit as a backup to Jaws. Hopefully having bought this once
will allow me to still use it. I did manage to set it so it doesn't
start automatically so I can always reboot the computer to get rid of
it, but earlier I was going to open Notepad for which I usually set up
the shortcut key Alt+Control+N only to realize that apparently NVDA has
userpted this key combination and it came up again. It does say how to
get into the menus for NVDA, but that default voice is so bad that I
can't for the life of me understand the key combination for that.
Ah, having used Jaws for 27 years has made it hard to get used to
anything else, it's like an old shoe that just fits so well.

Regards,
Sieghard