NVDA

Hi,

I know this is a Jaws list, but I was hoping somebody could point me to a tutorial or Podcast on NVDA and maybe answer one question: how can I unload NVDA? I assume there is a shortcut key for this similar to Jaws Key+F4 for Jaws. I downloaded NVDA and it started up in this horrible voice. I had it years ago and bought Eloquence and I just have to figure out again how I can get this set up as I’d like to learn how to use it a bit as a backup to Jaws. Hopefully having bought this once will allow me to still use it. I did manage to set it so it doesn’t start automatically so I can always reboot the computer to get rid of it, but earlier I was going to open Notepad for which I usually set up the shortcut key Alt+Control+N only to realize that apparently NVDA has userpted this key combination and it came up again. It does say how to get into the menus for NVDA, but that default voice is so bad that I can’t for the life of me understand the key combination for that.

Ah, having used Jaws for 27 years has made it hard to get used to anything else, it’s like an old shoe that just fits so well.

Regards,

Sieghard