Re: Question About Outlook 2016 E-mail Search Function

Ecaterina Henter

Hello Tom

The fact that you are running your personal g-mail account through Outlook should not matter. I am still using Outlook 2010 with Windows 7, so I probably see something different than you with 2016, but after I type the words or names that I am looking for, I tab down 2-3 times until I get to a close search button and press the space bar and it takes me directly to the actual email that I am looking for.

Ecaterina

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Tom Behler
Sent: Tuesday, October 11, 2016 10:28 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Question About Outlook 2016 E-mail Search Function

Feliciano:

I did as you suggested, and, even though I got a message list, it seemed to be a random list of messages whose origin I can’t figure out.  May be part of “all mail”.

Perhaps I should have clarified in my last post that I’m running my personal g-mail account through Outlook 2016, which may be part of the problem.

However, I have been able to get this search function to work in the past.

Dr.  Tom Behler from Michigan

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Feliciano G
Sent: Tuesday, October 11, 2016 9:15 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Question About Outlook 2016 E-mail Search Function

Once you have typed in your search, press tab if you times to locate the list box where you will find the emails. There is no need to Press the enter key after typing the keyword.

Regards,Feliciano For tech tips and updates, LIKE www.facebook.com/theblindman12v Follow www.twitter.com/theblindman12v 

On Oct 11, 2016, at 5:52 AM, Tom Behler <tombehler@...> wrote:

Hello, everyone.

I am trying to search for a particular e-mail in Outlook 2016, and can’t get Jaws to read the screen display to show me what has been found.

Here’s what I do:

When in Outlook, I tab over to “search quiry”, and type in what I am looking for.

I then hit enter.

My sighted wife says that the contents of the new screen displaying the search results is visible, but Jaws will not read it.

Am I missing a step for performing e-mail searches here?

This used to work very nicely.

Is there something else I should be doing?

I’m using Windows 7, and Jaws 17 here.

Dr.  Tom Behler from Michigan

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.