From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Monday, October 10, 2016 9:46 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: search box in windows 10

André,

            This is a complicated one.  What version of Outlook are you using?  The e-mail indexer is built in from Outlook 2010 onward, but can be turned off.

            One thing to definitely try is going to Settings, Privacy, Contacts Pane and make sure that Windows itself is granted access to contacts to see if that makes any difference.  It shouldn't if you're using Outlook, but this could be one of those hidden interactions.

             By the way, are you getting e-mail messages being shown in search results if you actually use the search box (which is the Cortana box - same thing) on the taskbar?  I'm just wondering if there might be designed in differences between search depending on how you invoke it.

--
Brian

         ~ William James