From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Mario
Sent: Wednesday, October 05, 2016 9:08 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: opening PDF with Acrobat Reader, was Re: FW: Web Site Access Issue
With Firefox 49

Tom, I accidentally deleted your post about having Firefox open a PDF with
Acrobat Reader:

when in Firefox, press alt for the menu bar, then t for tools and o for
options.
what I do, and it may not be necessary, press control+home to move to the
top of the page.
either press insert+z to turn virtual PC cursor off and use the arrow keys
to move to the applications category, or move down to where JAWS announces
list box, press the space bar and arrow to the applications category.
press the tab key 3 times. this is a list of file extensions/events that
correlate to an action you want Firefox to perform when encountering that
file type.
arrow to the Portable Document Format (PDF) and press the tab key.

here is where it gets a bit trying to set it the way you want.
press the up or down arrow keys to choose the option you want.
the default is Use Adobe Acrobat Reader if you have Reader, which you do.
if you encounter the option to send, in this case, a PDF, you will be placed
in a dialog to select which program to open/execute the file.
if you don't intend to have a program handle the file, you'll have to tab to
and space bar on the cancel button, thus forcing you to start over from the
beginning.
so now you'll have to take note of how this particular dialog works.
once you've selected to use Adobe Reader, you're set, unless you want to
tinker with the other file types/events. if not, you can just press
control+w or alt+f4, and try it out.