Re: "Word in context not Found"

Ann Byrne

Application is maximized. Alt-hyphen no longer maximizes the document.

At 01:58 PM 10/26/2011, you wrote:
Ann,

Window restored? Maximized? Also is the document restored or maximized? I've
been caught before, forgetting that in Word there is not only an
Alt+spacebar menu, but also an Alt+dash menu for the document itself.

Don't know what else to suggest, and yes I've heard that FS no longer has a
recommended resolution. Apparently (tongue-in-cheek) they have made that
requirement unnecessary.

Dave Carlson
From: "Ann byrne" <annakb@sbcglobal.net>
To: "The Jaws for Windows support list." <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com>
Sent: Wednesday, October 26, 2011 11:51
Subject: "Word in context not Found"

Running windows 7, JAWS 12, Word 2010, when I press alt-e then f to
find text within a document, JAWS reports that the text is blank even
though it isn't. If I use control-f for find, JAWS reports the
previous find instead of the current one automatically, but pressing
insert-c reads the current find. I had a message about screen
resolution not being optimal, so I changed from 1336/something to
1920/something, which Windows said was recommended. At
1336/something JAWS read the first four or five finds with alt-e f
but said "Word in context not found" for the subsequent 5 finds in
the document.

FS tech support refused to suggest an optimal screen resolution,
telling me that whatever works is the best. Nothing is quite right,
though. any suggestions from you all would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Ann