From: Tom Behler [mailto:tombehler@...]
Sent: Tuesday, October 04, 2016 9:35 PM
To: jfw list <jfw@groups.io>
Subject: Web Site Access Issue With Firefox 49

Hello, everyone.

I hope this is not considered off topic, but I’m not sure if the following issue is related to Firefox or Jaws.

Basically, I’m having trouble accessing a web site containing tutorials for the iPhone.

The web site is:

www.voiceover-easy.net

When I try to access the web site via Firefox (version 49.0.1), I get the error message below.  I don’t get this message when trying to access the web site with Internet Explorer 11.

I’m wondering if this is a Jaws of Firefox issue, and how to correct the problem?

Here’s the error message I get when using Firefox:

Input string was not in a correct format.

Server Error in '/' Application.

Input string was not in a correct format.

Exception Details: System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can

Stack Trace:

[FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.]

   Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ParseDouble(String Value, NumberFormatInfo NumberFormat) +213

   Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ToDouble(String Value, NumberFormatInfo NumberFormat) +63

[InvalidCastException: Conversion from string "iOS " to type 'Double' is not valid.]

   Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ToDouble(String Value, NumberFormatInfo NumberFormat) +226

   Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Operators.AddObject(Object Left, Object Right) +478

   VoE.iOS_selector.ddlIOSVersion_PreRender(Object sender, EventArgs e) in U:\VoE\VoE\WebControls\iOS_selector.ascx.vb:11

   System.Web.UI.Control.OnPreRender(EventArgs e) +9776194

   System.Web.UI.WebControls.ListControl.OnPreRender(EventArgs e) +32

   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +4775

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.6.1069.1

Dr.  Tom Behler from Michigan