Re: How to expand a combo box with JAWS 17.

Marquette, Ed <Ed.Marquette@...>

Try just hitting ENTER.
I have a Web application where hitting ENTER opens the combo box. Then, I can arrow down to select the proper choice.
I think you are, in fact, using the textbook JAWS key, but I too have found that it does not always work.
Lett's hope ENTER works for you.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Lizand Sammie
Sent: Saturday, October 1, 2016 4:22 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: How to expand a combo box with JAWS 17.

Hello! I went to the Consumers Energy site to pay my electric bill. There is a combo box where you select the date for the payment to be made, and it is collapsed. I have tried to hit Alt down arrow to expand the combo box so that I can select the date, but this does not seem to work. I tried using Mozilla and Internet Explorer, but no success. The only way I can expand the combo box is to have a sighted person click on it and select the date for me, and that is not always convenient. Is there another way to expand a collapsed combo box? Any help will be appreciated.

Liz Ulrich
LD ?
and LD Sammie now at the rainbow bridge

----------------------------------------------------------------------
This E-mail message is confidential, is intended only for the named recipients above and may contain information
that is privileged, attorney work product or otherwise protected by applicable law. If you have received this
message in error, please notify the sender at 402-346-6000 and delete this E-mail message.
Thank you.

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.