Re: JAWS and Outlook2010 -conversation view

paul lemm

Hi Mike,

I actually posted the details here yesterday, not sure if you’ve already seen that post, if you haven’t I’ve copied  it and posted it below , that will give you all the instructions you need to set it up

Hi Everyone,

It was actually one of the members from this list called Kimsan who helped me set up conversation view originally.

The instructions he wrote were well explained, clear and easy to follow, since they were so helpful I saved them for if I ever needed them again, so below are the instructions that Kimsam wrote for me to set up conversation view for those that are interested:

First make sure you are in the folder you would like to make the change.

After you are in the folder alt v for the view ribbon and tab to view settings and space bar.

Next tab to “description group by” and press enter or spacebar.

There will be a choice that says automatically group according to arangement and by default is checked, uncheck it.

Press your tab key and you will be in a combo box, expand it with alt down arrow Press C until you hear "conversation" of course without the quotes.

Tabbing one more time, you will have two radio buttons, make sure it's on the first radio button, ascending.

Tab to the combo box where it says "expand collapse defaults"

 and if it says last viewd, up arrow and place it on all collapse.

We are finished here, so now tab to the ok button and press spacebar.

Now tab to the sort button and press spacebar.  The first thing you should land on is "sort items by"

Press S until you get subject, then set that to asending. then tab to the next field set this to received and then asending. then go ok, then ok once more and all done

It may seem like a lot of instructions, but it really doesn’t take a moment to get it all set up and in my opinion worth every second of setting it up to get conversation view working well. Again huge thanks to Kimsan for putting the instructions together in the first place.

Regards

Paul