From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On
Behalf Of Sieghard Weitzel
Sent: Wednesday, September 28, 2016 3:09 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: How to shut off JAWS when sightlings want to
use your computer?

Jaws Key+Windows+F4 will dump Jaws and restart it. It is
meant as a last resort when Jaws hangs or crashes in which
case this key combination usually brings it back.

On 2016-09-28 7:35 AM, Delaunay Christophe wrote:

Hi Michael,

First, check whether the Jaws shortcut you
should have on your desktop has a shortcut key or not. In
order to do so, select it and press <alt+enter> to display
its properties.

Then, tab twice. You should hear "Shortcut
key (hotkey):" and something more. If this additional
information is simply <none>, type a key on your keyboard,
(the letter j for instance). Then, tab away from this item,
and shift+tab back to it. You should now hear "Shortcut key
(hotkey): ctrl+alt+j". "j" could be replaced with the letter
you typed.

If it's ok, tab until the Ok button and
press <enter>.

In order to check if it works, try pressing
it. Jaws cannot be launched twice but it should inform you
about such an attempt, for instance, by placing you into the
Jaws window or opening the Jaws context menu, (depends on
whether you choose to minimize jaws in the taskbar on in the
notification area).

Now, if it works, you can confidently type
<jawskey+f4> in order to shut jaws down. After your sighted
friend gives you back your computer, simply type the hotkey
you previously defined and jaws should restart soon.

HTH, Have a nice day. ChD