From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Tony
Sent: Wednesday, September 28, 2016 11:20 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: How to shut off JAWS when sightlings want to use your computer?

You can skip the Yes question by using Jaws+Windows+F4.  Jaws will shut down immediately.

Tony

On 2016-09-28 7:35 AM, Delaunay Christophe wrote:

Hi Michael,

First, check whether the Jaws shortcut you should have on your desktop has a shortcut key or not. In order to do so, select it and press <alt+enter> to display its properties.

Then, tab twice. You should hear “Shortcut key (hotkey):” and something more. If this additional information is simply <none>, type a key on your keyboard, (the letter j for instance). Then, tab away from this item, and shift+tab back to it. You should now hear “Shortcut key (hotkey): ctrl+alt+j”. “j” could be replaced with the letter you typed.

If it’s ok, tab until the Ok button and press <enter>.

In order to check if it works, try pressing it. Jaws cannot be launched twice but it should inform you about such an attempt, for instance, by placing you into the Jaws window or opening the Jaws context menu, (depends on whether you choose to minimize jaws in the taskbar on in the notification area).

Now, if it works, you can confidently type <jawskey+f4> in order to shut jaws down. After your sighted friend gives you back your computer, simply type the hotkey you previously defined and jaws should restart soon.

HTH, Have a nice day. ChD