Re: Making Font and size all the same in a document.

HAMILTON

Tim:

Since this has been a sticking point for me as well, I used your instructions;
but, I got some interesting, and somewhat unexpected results.

After following your instructions to get Ariel, regular, 12 point and colour
black, setting this as my "default", and saving the file, I pressed
JAWS/INS+F+F (the second "F" is to keep this message on screen), for font, and
got this message:

" Insertion point formatting
Mixed point size
black on white
Mixed font
Mixed style

Line spacing: Single

Paragraph formatting: first line indented by 138888.9 Inches
left indent of 138888.9 Inches
Mixed alignment

Outline level: body text

Press ESCAPE to close this message. "

You have to admit, this seems unusual, especially, the "Paragraph formatting".
Anyway, I looked around, testing for font/etc. in several parts of the
document. When I next checked for font, on the top/first line, I got:

" Insertion point formatting
12 point
black on white
Arial
Normal style

Line spacing: Single

Paragraph formatting: Aligned left

Outline level: body text

Press ESCAPE to close this message. "

At this point, I said "ahah!. I've done it"! However, I then checked for font
on the second line in my document, and got 'almost' the same message, with 1
interesting change. Instead of:

"black on white",

I got:

"black on yellow"

So, I then checked different parts of my document for font, seeing a variety
of messages. In one place, I got the message:

"Insertion point formatting
italicized
12 point
white on white
Times New Roman
Normal (Web) style

Line spacing: Single

Paragraph formatting: Aligned left

Outline level: body text

Press ESCAPE to close this message. "

I did not bother checking the entire document; however, I got several
different, and some quite unusual, messages when checking for font. The
differences were seen in most items, e.g. font, size/etc.

Clearly, I must be doing something wrong! Please advise. Thanks.

Jim H

3a. Making Font and size all the same in a document.
From: Tim Ford <ttford@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2016 23:33:32 PDT

Hi Marilyn,

I had a couple of minor errors in my first note, so here is the corrected
one, just delete the first one.

Here are the steps:

1. Press control and the letter a to select all text.

2. Press control and the letter d, which will bring up what you want, the
font menu.

3. In the first box, arrow up or down to select the font. This box has
first letter navigation, so if you want, for example, Times New Roman, press
t and you will be at the beginning of the list that starts with t.

4. Tab once to the font type, and use the arrow keys to select what you
want, probably "regular", which is the first choice when you pres the down
arrow.

5. Press tab again, and you are in the size box. Use the up and down arrow
keys to select the size.

6. Press enter, since the OK button is the default. You will be back in
your document, and all should be well.

Sincerely,

Tim Ford

****