Re: Problems With Searching For A Lost File On The Computer

iKeith,

             I realize the following doesn't exactly answer your exact query, but as a long time Windows user who generally wants to find lost files based on a partial or full file name, I can't recommend the Everything Search Engine from Voidtools.  It uses a menu driven interface and a single edit box to enter your search string, which can also employ regular expressions if you're familiar with those, and seems to be fully accessible to the extent that I've played with it with a screen reader.

             I virtually never use Windows Search/Cortana at all since Everything does just precisely what I want and does it very, very quickly with minimal resource usage.  You can define the drive or drives you'd like for Everything to keep constantly indexed.
--
Brian

         ~ William James