Re: Problems With Searching For A Lost File On The Computer

Sieghard Weitzel <sieghard@...>

Another way to search is to go to your root directory, you can do this by pressing Windows Key+R for the run command and then type c: followed by enter, now shift+tab twice and this will put you in a search box. Type in the file name and it will display a list of files it finds along with the location. You also don't have to press enter here, after you type the file name, I just used "Outlook.exe" as an example, you can tab forward again twice and wait, Jaws will occasionally announce how far along it is in completing the search in percentages and after 2 tabs you will be in the results list, Jaws Key+Page Down will tell you how many items the search found. Now that the search is complete my search for "Outlook.exe" returned 7 files and these include files which have "Outlook.exe" in the content, for example, if you have a Notepad file where you wrote "Outlook.exe" it will include that file. If you do a say line it will tell you the file name and location and you can also use the application key or Shift+F10 to get a long list of options like copy, cut, open file location,, Open, Open as Administrator (if available)Copy Path, Send To etc.

Regards,

Sieghard

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Tom Behler
Sent: Friday, September 23, 2016 11:51 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Problems With Searching For A Lost File On The Computer

Hello, everyone.

I am having a problem when trying to search for a lost file on my computer.

What I used to do was to go to my computer, and then the drive I thought the file was saved in.  I’d then hit control F, and the search would proceed.

I’d be notified when the search was completed, and I could then tab to get the results, usually telling me where the lost file was located.

I can’t seem to get this to work any longer.

I’m using Jaws 17 on a Windows 7 laptop here.

Dr.  Tom Behler from Michigan

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.