From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Marquette, Ed
Sent: September 22, 2016 12:44 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Key Announcement and JAWS 17

Dear fellow listers:

I have been less than impressed with JAWS 17 and almost daily revert to JAWS 16.

One thing that continues to annoy me is the key announcement problem.  I have checked this at least 5 times, and finally I’m reaching out to see if someone has any ideas.

Each time I press an access key, such as control, alt, windows, or shift or any combination of the above, I hear the keys announced.

I don’t mind except when I’m highlighting text.  Then, the announcement of the keys talks over the announcement of the text being highlighted.

I thought this functionality was controlled by going to the JAWS menu, choosing options, further choosing basics, and tabbing over to key announcement.

I go to the “off” radio button.  The “off” is definitely checked or activated.

IT MAKES NO DIFFERENCE.  I’m ready to scrap JAWS 17 entirely and hope for something better in JAWS 18.

BTW

I am looking forward to the resurrection of the merge utility, albeit under a different name.

Isn’t it funny how what is essentially a bug fix gets promoted as a feature enhancement?

Thank you.