Re: Is there a openbook like program that will scan for us.

Mike Ulrich <mulrich@...>

Hi Carliss,

I don’t know of any free OCR’s such as the $900.00 Open Book program.

But I do know that you can buy a program like DocuScan by SaroTech; for about $300.00. It is cloud based so it can be used on any of your devices. I’ve heard it works fairly well.

Other than that; if you have an IPhone, there are many free OCR apps. But the one that most of the blind go with; is the  $99.00 KNFB Reader; OCR app.

I don’t know if this answers your question, but I hope it helps.

Thanks and be safe!......Mike

Michael D. Ulrich

Just an ordinary average blind guy!

“Providing Insight for Blindness”

Florida Council of the Blind

Fundraising Committee Member

FCB 6thd Annual Blind Fishing Tournament!

Saturday March 11, 2017!

Cape Coral Yacht Club; 5819 Driftwood Pkwy. Cape Coral, Fl. 33904

Mike’s home phone: 239-540-7431

Mike’s cell phone: 239-565-5845

Mike’s email: mulrich@...