Re: Alarms

Maria Campbell

Thanks David.

Maria Campbell
lucky1@...

Without them, humanity cannot survive.
--Dalai Lama
On 9/22/2016 5:25 AM, David Bailes wrote:

Hi Maria,

there are a couple of ways to dismiss an alarm notification sent by the windows 10 alarm and clock app:

1. Press windows key + A to open the action center. This immediately silences the alarm, and you can then just press ESC to close the action center.

2. Press windows key + V to move to the toast notification (also known as a notification banner), and press delete to dismiss the notification - you don't have to use the dismiss button.

David.

On Wed, Sep 21, 2016 at 09:46 am, Maria Campbell wrote:

You can set alarms with cortana.  The problem I find is how to dismiss them when they come on.  JAWS won't read the dismiss button.  Perhaps narrator will, but I haven't explored that yet.

Maria Campbell
lucky1@...

Without them, humanity cannot survive.
--Dalai Lama
On 9/21/2016 11:57 AM, Steve Cook wrote:

Hi All,

Does anyone know of a program I can install on my Windows computer that will allow me to set different alarms throughout the day?  Thanks in advance!

Steve Cook

Cataracts are among the leading causes of vision loss worldwide; they are usually treatable. Has an ophthalmologist diagnosed you or a loved one with cataracts? Do you need cataract surgery but can’t afford the cost? If you’re a SC resident and U.S. citizen not covered by Medicare, Medicaid or other insurance; and have cataracts in both eyes, we at the SC Commission for the Blind may be able to help. Give us a call at 888.335.5951 or find us online at www.sccb.state.sc.us