Re: Windows 10, JAWS 17 and sluggishness

Bill White <billwhite92701@...>

Hi, Lauren. You don't do the repair from the JAWS program installed on your computer. The repair is done by using the installation file for JAWS which you download from Freedom Scientific's website. It must be the file with the exact version number which is installed on your computer, and it must correspond to 32-bit or 64-bit, whichever your system uses.

Once you have this file downloaded from Freedom Scientific, here is how to do the repair with the best results, according to Freedom Scientific.

1. Place a copy of the Jaws executible version that you want to repair into the main root of the " C " drive.  For example; If you are running Jaws11 most recent you would paste a copy of " J11.0.1430-32bit.exe " into the main root of the " C " drive.  To open the main  root of the " C " drive, go to the desktop, press enter on My Computer, press enter on Local disk C, and now you have the main root of the " C " drive open.

2. With the Jaws " .exe " pasted into the "C" drive, highlight the " .exe ", and press F2 as if you were going to edit this line of text.  now press control + C to copy this Jaws executable, press escape to close the edit field, and press Alt + F4 to close the C drive. What you want to do is place just the title of the Jaws version into the

Windows Run Dialogue box and not the file.  If you were to place the Jaws executable into the Run box without copying as you did as per the

instructions above you would have pasted the whole file into the Run Box instead of just the title.

3. Now that you have just the title copied to the clipboard, press Windows key + R to open the Run Dialogue Box.  Type, remember to type a capitalC ," C:\ " without the quotes or spaces and press control + V to paste the Jaws title, press your end key to take the cursor to the end of the title and type in the following " /type

repair" without the quotes but, with the spaces . Below is what your line of text should look / read like.

C:\J15.0.5056ENU-64bit.exe /type repair

Read character by character to make sure you have put in the proper spaces, Forward & back slashes and text.  press the home key to go to the front of the title and press enter to start the repair.