JAWS Live Regions support for Desktop Applications

vasyl.mykytiuk@...

Hi,

I'm trying to get a live region to work correctly with JAWS 17 and my WPF desktop application.
I want to inform assistive technology users of updates in the app without the user losing focus from their current activity. For example, announcing error messages or changing status in status bar.

I've implemented this by using the LiveSetting=Assertive and raising the LiveRegionChanged event. The Narrator announces the updates and JAWS doesn't.

Could you help me?
Does the JAWS support of Live Regions feature for desktop applications by default?

Thanks in advance.