Re: Windows 10, JAWS 17 and sluggishness

Hi John,

I agree, when I upgraded my laptop which is almost 5 years old the experience was quite poor, I then did a complete fresh install and it improved by 100% and I had few issues since. The good thing is that once you upgrade a computer via the upgrade option you can then do a fresh install even if you don't have a Windows Key and it should activate just fine.

Regards,
Sieghard

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of John Gurd
Sent: Tuesday, September 13, 2016 5:26 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Windows 10, JAWS 17 and sluggishness

I had similar issues and ended up doing a clean install of Windows 10 which helped a lot. It's a big job as it means reinstalling all your programs and potentially some drivers so not to be taken lightly. Having said that although Internet Explorer 11 is working better it still freezes and crashes from time to time. One day I'll get around to installing another browser.
That's certainly a less drastic step than reinstalling Windows 10 (smiles).

John

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Karen Reynolds
Sent: 13 September 2016 02:31
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Windows 10, JAWS 17 and sluggishness

Hi,
I'm first off having trouble learning Windows 10, made worse by the recent upgrade that changed several things I was doing, but my computer and JAWS often seems very slow in responding. In particular, I'm having trouble getting JAWS to stay talking or in some cases with IE 11 to be able to use the JAWS cursor at all.

I know this is a little vague, well, maybe a lot, but I'm not sure what specific question to ask because I don't really know what's causing these issues. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can get JAWS to work more consistently and get rid of some of the stuff running in the background? And what should I get rid of?

I've only recently upgraded to it so any help would be appreciated.

Karen

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.