Numbers in JAWS 17

Marquette, Ed <Ed.Marquette@...>

I’ve had numerous problems with JAWS 17, and perhaps I should repair or install again, but that is so much trouble, given our firm’s data security paranoia, I may wait until JAWS 18.

Perhaps, however, JAWS 17 can be salvaged (JAWS 16 crashes Outlook 2013 routinely when an up-arrow or down-arrow hits the end of a message).

Here is what’s driving me nuts.

Whenever, navigating the cursor by character, I encounter a number, JAWS says the number, but then follows it with a 4 digit number that has no relevance that I can figure out.

For instance the number 17 should sound like seventeen or one seven, if navigated by character.

In MS Word 2013, however, 17 comes out like 1 7465 followed by 7 7465.

For the life of me, I cannot figure out where the 7465 is coming from.  Any ideas?

I’ve never seen this before.

This E-mail message is confidential, is intended only for the named recipients above and may contain information that is privileged, attorney work product or otherwise protected by applicable law. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender at 402-346-6000 and delete this E-mail message.
Thank you.