Re: A Question About Selecting/Using A Different Voice for Narrator via the Freedom Scientific TTS Download Site in Windows 10, Anniversary Edition

paul lemm

Hi Mark,

The more I think about this, the more I think I might be wrong,, although my
jaws voices work using the method I mentioned, this might be because I'm
using the jaws voices that you used to get on the real speak CD with Jaws,
which they don't do anymore, these were definitely all 32bit which is how I
can get them to work through the 32bit speech properties window. I'm
actually not so sure if the freedom scientific voices from their website
are 64bit or 32bit now I think about it, in fact I think the issue might be
more that the voices from the freedom scientific website have been blocked
so they can only be used by Jaws. since their free to download from their
site , if they worked with everything everyone would download them rather
than going out and buying new voices, so I guess it makes sense that they
would only work with jaws. Sorry that I haven't been much more help with
this.

Paul