From: "Farfar on Laptop" <dgcarlson@sbcglobal.net
To: "The Jaws for Windows support list." <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com
Date sent: Mon, 24 Oct 2011 12:12:29 -0700
Subject: Re: Weird keyboard behavior during remote access

Hello Kim,

You can try just disabling the scripts for the remote sessions.

JAWS/Options/Manage Applications

Then uncheck the script(s) that relate to the remote sessions.

Then press Okay to save the changes.

This is very safe, and of course reversible later.

Dave Carlson
From: Kimber Gardner <kimbersinbox1963@gmail.com
To: "The Jaws for Windows support list." <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com
Date sent: Mon, 24 Oct 2011 12:32:01 -0400

Hi Debby,

I have version 12 on both the local computer and on the server.

I don't see this sticky key problem in any application except
during
remote access sessions. But as I said, when it happens it screws
up an
entire session, rendering the keyboard virtually inoperable to
the
point that I can't even properly reboot the system but have to
turn it
off and back on again.

On 10/24/11, Farfar on Laptop <dgcarlson@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
Kimber,

Knowing that there is a problem has never been an issue for FS.
Owning up to their contribution to it, is another matter. They
have
traditionally blamed the Microsoft key handler as the real
problem, but I
don't hear my sighted colleagues ever mentioning sticky keys.

Go figure, and just consider how FS's Openbook leave behind a
sticky Control
key as a glaring indictment of the ownership.

You're right. After all these years, it would be easy for FS to
build in an
un-stick subroutine in their scripts or underlying code.

Dave Carlson
Sent from my Dell Latitude E6520 using Windows 7, San Francisco
Bay Area