I sometimes hear only the word: "notification".

When ejecting a USB pen drive, I hear the notification tune and the hot key will announce that it is save to remove it.

  Peter T

On 2016-09-04 9:42 AM, david wrote:
Hello there;
I think your speaking of "balloon messages",
In windows 10,
Start-menu button,
In the edit box type ease of access,
Most likely ease will be good enough,
Now enter on,
Ease of access control panel,

Now use the tab key and look for,
Get recommendations to make your computer easier to use link, press enter,

there's a few options/screens,
just tab next, press enter,
continue until done button,
now tab you will see,
How long should Windows notification dialog boxes stay open?
Make your choice with arrow keys,
Tab okay press enter.