Re: strange keyboard

Bill White <billwhite92701@...>

For many situations like this, the computer must be booted up, and the BIOS or UEFI must be accessed. Multimedia or Media Action keys must be disabled in this mode, and it must be done with the help of a sighted person, since Windows is not yet loaded when the BIOS or UEFI is accessed. Since Windows is not loaded, speech cannot be loaded, even Narrator. This is why sighted help is necessary.
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, August 23, 2016 10:43 PM
Subject: strange keyboard

Hello fellow listers,

I bought a new Dell laptop. It is runningWindows10 home and JAWS17(latest version). The installation went fine; however, there are some key that will not or cannot work with the insert key i.e.… insert + numpad6, numpad, +, 9, and some of the F keys such as F8, F7, F11. Everything else works fine. I spent a lot of time with Dell support with no resolution of problem. They ran every test they had in their toolbox. The laptop passed every test. I then called Freedom Scientific and they said the keyboard may be in multimedia mode. Does anyone know about multimedia mode and how to get out of it. Help with this situation would be greatly appreciated.

Totally baffled

Avast logo

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 14009 (20160824) __________

http://www.eset.com