Re: Weird keyboard behavior during remote access

Curtis Delzer

JFW has had this issue for years where either the ALT key or the CONTROL keys stick. The only solution is to seriously, :) tap the offending key several times, and if on a remote machine, I don't know how you would do that from your location. :)

If it happens on your local machine, just tap the offending key many times and it clears up, eventually, though you'll have some weird key combinations before you figure out that there is a key sticking, not mechanically sticking, just electronically in JFW'S keyboard driver.
I've not seen that in other screen readers, and it does not happen often with JFW, but when it does, you'll know. :)

Curtis Delzer

At 06:35 AM 10/24/2011, you wrote:
Hi All,

Not sure how many of you have used Jaws for remote access, but I would
appreciate any help.

When I'm signed on to my work computer via a vpn using remote desktop,
occasionally the alt key seems to stick. That is whenever I press any
key I first hear "alt" followed by the name of the key be that up
arrow or whatever. The only way to unstick the alt key is to reboot
the local computer.

Is there another method for resetting the keyboard and unsticking the alt key?

Thanks,
Kim