Re: A Question About Installing The Windows 10 Anniversary Update

Maria Kristic

That is the process I followed to update, and I did not experience any issues… I am running the latest build of JAWS 17. I invoked and used Narrator with WINDOWS+ENTER to navigate the initial set up screens after the update completed. After the set up screens were completed and I got to the desktop, I could start JAWS, and my settings remained intact. The only thing I noticed was that, because I had invoked Narrator during set up, it was set to automatically turn on after a restart of the computer. I just had to go into Narrator settings and disable that.

Regards,
Maria

Sent from my iPhone

On Aug 20, 2016, at 7:22 PM, Mark <facebookmark@candleshoreblog.com> wrote:

Hello Everyone,

I hope you are all doing well.

I am running Windows 10 Enterprise on my home laptop. I am currently
running v1151, or something like that.

I have not been prompted for the update yet but, upon reviewing a Microsoft
support page, I discovered that, should I wish to force the update, I can:

1.
From the Windows update dialog box, select the Learn More link located at
the end of the, "Looking for more information on the latest update?" text.

2.
Upon activating the link, a Microsoft webpage opens containing a link to the
Anniversary version.

So, my question is: Has anyone used this method to update their computer?
If so, were there any problems with Jaws, during the update process?

Thank you,

Mark