Re: jaws anouncing every line with speech if you read with a braille display

André van Deventer <andredbsa@...>

Thanx man!

Got it sorted somehow by playing with the switches on the front of the papenmeier braille-l  it seems to have something to do with that.

Amazing though – this old 20 cell vertical and 80 cell horizontal display does not even have a USB port and is over 10 years old and yet it works like a charm with Jaws 17  using a usb to serial adaptor!

André

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Kevin Hourigan
Sent: 18 August 2016 04:44 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: jaws anouncing every line with speech if you read with a braille display

Hello André,

Insert plus space bar, S will toggle speech on and off.

Cheers Kevin.

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of André van Deventer
Sent: August 17, 2016 12:38 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: jaws anouncing every line with speech if you read with a braille display

Hi all

I have now for the first time used Jaws 17 with a braille display.  In the past, when I read a document with the display, speech was completely silent.  For some reason now whenever I read a line with the braille display, Jaws reads the line in speech also.  I find this quite annoying and am wondering whether this can be turned off so that Jaws is silent during reading.

Regards

André

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.