From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Tuesday, August 16, 2016 7:49 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: picking which account to send message from windows mail

Mark,

            Unless you have linked your inboxes, the account being actively used at the moment will be the one from which any new message you compose will be sent.

            I've not linked my inboxes simply because I use different accounts for different purposes and always want to know which account I'm using at any moment and know that the messages I compose are definitely going to be sent from that account.  Based on what I can see as far as settings go, I suspect that even if you're using the linked inbox what will happen for replies is that the account associated with that message will be used.  I honestly have no idea what will happen if you hit the "New Mail" button from the linked inbox.  My gut tells me that it will use the account of whatever message happens to have focus at that moment since there doesn't appear to be any "default account" setting that I can find.

--
Brian

         ~ William James