Re: Weird keyboard behavior during remote access

Dave...

Kimber,

Stuck modifier keys is a very common occurrence (at least for me with all my
different versions of JAWS and hardware). It's been around since JAWS 3.5
and my old HP pavilion with Windows 2000.

That said, it happens most often for me after using Openbook.

Your case is not unusual.

Don't reboot. Just alternately rapidly tap each of the modifier keys one at
a time. e.g. left alt, right alt, left alt right alt etc. several times in
succession. Then do the same with control, shift, and the windows keys. If
you don't have one of these as a pair, just tap the individual key rapidly.

This sounds crazy but it does unstick the key.

It's not a mechanical problem. It's related to the key code decoding in the
JAWS processing. At least that's what FS support has said for several years.

Dave Carlson