compatibility view in IE 9

ohio1803@...

Happy Independence, everyone.

I am using the latest update with JAWS 12 with a Windows 7 Home Premium pc, and Internet Explorer version 9 for my browser.

I am trying to best understand how to use the Compatibility View.

What exactly does it do?

Do I need to go and hit spacebar when each page loads to utilize the feature?
In other words is it an ON and OFF switch that I need to launch each time?

I have noticed there is improved navigation to the text I want to read on some pages when I use it.
I am curious to hear how others are using this and to learn from your experience.

At first I heard about this from JAWS speaking about it, and thought that once I would hit spacebar to turn it on, that would be it.
But I am starting to think otherwise.

Thanks.
Rik