Re: Can I use narrator voice with JAWS?

Soronel Haetir

Yes, you can. Narrator simply uses whatever SAPI5 voice is set as the
system default. And jaws can use SAPI5 voices as well, it's one of the
choices of 'voice profile' in the voice adjustment dialog.

However the SAPI5 voices installed on the typical system are generally
of far lower quality than the optional voices (real speak solo direct,
vocalizer direct, vocalizer expressive) you can install with jaws.

On 8/7/16, Joe Thibault <thibault.joe@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi listers,

I accidently started narrator on my Windows 10 V1607 laptop and liked the
voice. Is there any way I could use that voice for my JAWS 17.x? I'm not an
advanced computer user, so detailed instructions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Joe

--
Soronel Haetir