Re: Reading smileys in Outlook 2016 with JAWS 17

Bill White <billwhite92701@...>

I suspect that certain formatting is stripped by either servers or the program on receipt of email. For example, if I put headings such as Heading Level One in email, I can see them when I compose them, but if I CC myself, and the email comes back to me, they are often stripped out.
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, August 01, 2016 11:05 PM
Subject: Reading smileys in Outlook 2016 with JAWS 17

Outlook 2016 automatically replaces some punctuation marks with smileys, for instance :) is replaced with a smiling face, J, and :( with a frowning face, L. When I'm composing a message, JAWS reads these fine. But when I receive one, it reads a smiling face as J and a frowning face as L.

Is this what others get? Does anyone know a way to get them to be recognised properly in a message I receive?

Thanks,

Steve

Registered Office: Hillfields, Burghfield Common, Reading, Berkshire, RG7 3YG. A company limited by
guarantee registered in England and Wales (291646) and a charity registered in England and Wales
(209617) and Scotland (SC038979).

Tel: 0118 9835555
Website: www.guidedogs.org.uk
Email: guidedogs@...