Mike B. <mb69mach1@...>
Below are the direct download links for the latest Jaws update + what's new in this J17.0.2619 release.
What's new in this release:
Enhancements in JAWS 17.0.2619 (August 2016)
The following is a list of improvements made between the JAWS 17 July 2016 release and the August 2016 update.
list of 9 items
• Beginning with the Windows 10 Anniversary Edition released by Microsoft in August 2016, when JAWS starts, it now tells Windows 10 that you are using
JAWS and asks Windows to avoid forcing you into Edge when searching the web using Cortana. As a result, Cortana web searches will instead be done using
the default browser you have specified in Windows 10. This JAWS change will have no impact in prior Windows 10 releases.
• You can now use contracted braille input when typing in the Windows 10 Search edit box as well as in the edit fields in many Modern apps including the
Windows 10 Mail app.
• Resolved a customer reported issue where extraneous information was being spoken by JAWS when opening a message in Windows Live Mail.
• Addressed a customer reported issue with the SayTaskBar script not working as expected.
• Resolved a reported issue where JAWS was not correctly reading form fields on certain web pages in Internet Explorer 11.
• Addressed a reported issue where pressing keys on a braille display were sometimes triggering unexpected actions in various applications.
• When focused on a calendar appointment in Outlook 2013 and later, pressing INSERT+F1 now displays screen-sensitive help specific to the calendar as expected.
In addition, pressing INSERT+CTRL+D now works as expected to announce the current date.
• When using the ALT+NUMBER ROW keystrokes to read the contents of the various fields in a meeting request in Outlook 2013 and later, resolved an issue
where the field content was not matching the prompt.
• Resolved an issue where the command to move focus to the results field in the Windows 10 calculator (INSERT+CTRL+D) could not be found using the JAWS
Command Search feature.
Sent from my iBarstool. Go Dodgers!