Re: adobe reader

Mike & Barbara <mb69mach1@...>

Hi cecropia64,

I ran into a problem with a fellow list member who was having trouble with
Adobe running Jaws8. We installed Adobe X / 10 & it worked very well with
Jaws8. The latest version is Adobe Reader X / 10. If you install it , you
will need to follow the steps below to make sure it works well with Jaws.

You need to disable protected view first to get it to work well with Jaws.

Do the following:

1. From either your desktop or start menu, press enter on Adobe. The
Adobe window is now open, press control + K, to open preferences. Another
way to
get to preferences is after pressing enter on the Adobe shortcut, press Alt
+ E, for the edit menu, arrow up to preferences, & press enter.

3. When preferences opens you will be in a tree view and should be on the
General page, if not arrow up or down until you have General highlighted.
It
is #4 of 29. Tab until you find a checkbox called enable protected mode at
startup, uncheck it, choose yes on the warning you will get to continue.
Then, tab to okay, press enter to save your changes / close preferences, &
Alt + F4 to close Adobe.

Hope this helps. Take care.
Mike