From: Marquette, Ed
Sent: Sunday, October 23, 2011 8:29 PM
To: The Jaws for Windows support list.
Subject: RE: JAWS Scripting for a new application

At the risk of starting a conflagration of controversy, I would like to support the notion that John should get some remuneration for his hard work -- even if he charged for scripts.
I know I would pay significantly for a set of scripts that made Google Docs accessable, though I think that is not feasible.
The biggest single area of inaccessibility I encounter on my job is with respect to on-line collaboration. I have clients who regularly send invitations to go-to-meeting sessions where a document will be on the screen, albeit from the client's computer. We will be on the phone together, and sometimes the client will make edits he wants me to review, and sometimes he will say simply, "Here, I'll give you control. Why don't you revise this section on indemnification?"
I accomplish this only with the assistance of my sighted secretary. Without her presence, I would be sunk.
Serotek has something called Accessable Event, but that really doesn't cut it.
Again, this may be an application of limited applicability, but I run into it all the time, and document collaboration is becoming more and more popular. I hear ads for Go-To-Meeting almost every time I tune into XM Radio, and note the popularity of Google Docs, not just because it is cheap, but also because it offers collaboration.
This may simply be impossible and not everyone needs it, but if you need it, you need it bad.