From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Chris Chaffin
Sent: Friday, July 15, 2016 6:36 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Random Function in Excel

Hello,

I have tested the formula below, and it will do exactly what you want.  I had to use 3 different functions joined together to get it done, but like I said, it does work very well.

It picks a number between 2 and 200, then it will give you the persons name that is in that cell.

To run the formula again just hit f9, and it will pick another random number and display the name.

If you have any questions regarding the specifics of the formula, you can feel free to ask offlist.

Just copy the formula and paste it in the cell you want your results:

=indirect(address(randbetween(2,200),1))

Hope this helps,

Chris

On Jul 15, 2016, at 10:58 AM, Steve & Shannon Cook <cookcafe@...> wrote:

Hi,

Using JAWS 17, Excel 2010 and Windows 10.  I have an Excel spread sheet with names in column A on rows 2 through 200.  I want to use the random function to create a formula to use in order to select a person’s name to use for door prizes.  I can’t figure out how to write the formula.  Thanks in advance for any assistance!

Steve