Re: Using Microsoft Narrator to download and install JAWS

Michael Chopra <justforlists689@...>

Hi guys. I’ve never used Narrator, so I wouldn’t know.

Thanks.

From Michael.

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of David Moore
Sent: Friday, 15 July 2016 09:03
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Using Microsoft Narrator to download and install JAWS

Narrator does a great job at letting you find the JAWS installation download, you can press enter on that, then turn off Narrator, because the JAWS installer begins talking.

David Moore

Sent: Wednesday, July 13, 2016 5:04 PM

Hi,

You could also use NVDA installed on a USB memory stick. You’d have to know the drive letter of the USB drive in order to start NVDA, but you could press Windows R to bring up the run command, and then try different drive letters, i.e. E:\NVDA. If this doesn’t work, press escape, then Windows R followed by F:\NVDA, etc.

The nice thing about running NVDA from a thumb drive is, unlike Jaws, you don’t need to install video intercept or anything else.

You, of course, will need to have Jaws, or another screen reader  running in order to download and install the portable version of NVDA.

HTH.

Russell

On Jul 13, 2016, at 2:46 PM, Kramlinger, Keith G., M.D. <kramlinger.keith@...> wrote:

Hi,

I have 2 new computers with Windows 7 Pro that do not yet have a screen reader.

I think I’ll need to use Microsoft Narrator to gain Administrative  privileges to download and install JAWS.

Do you think this will work? How can I activate Narrator? Any advice on practical use within Narrator will be much appreciated.

Is there any way to activate Narrator from the Login Screen? I doubt it, but thought I’d ask.

Best,

Keith