email@example.com [mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org] On Behalf Of
Thursday, July 14, 2016 11:49 AMTo:
Re: Latest Jaws Update?
Enhancements in JAWS 17.0.2417 (July 2016)
The following is a list of improvements made between the JAWS 17 June 2016 release and the July 2016 update.
list of 8 items
• We have been working with Microsoft to improve the accessibility of the Mail app included in Windows 10. After installing this update, read-only messages
you open are now read using the Virtual Cursor, similar to Outlook. Additionally, just like in Word or Outlook, JAWS now announces when you turn on or
off the bold, italic, and underline attributes in editable messages using the CTRL+B, CTRL+I, and CTRL+U commands. While users should notice improved performance
with the currently released Mail app, Microsoft has made a number of changes as well to improve the experience which will be included in a Windows 10 update
that will be available in the coming weeks.
• Due to issues with obtaining results from 411.com, the People Search Research It lookup source has been updated to use the web site 10digits.us. To search,
you now only need to enter the person's first and last name. If you receive too many results, you can narrow the search further by typing the person's
first and last name followed by a comma, and then the city and state, or zip code. For example, John Smith, Saint Petersburg FL, or John Smith, 33716.
• Addressed an issue where the INSERT+4 keystroke could not be found using the JAWS Command Search feature. This command opens a dialog box where you can
select from a list of items such as Euro, Yen, Pounds, Trademark, Copyright, bullet, plus or minus, etc. and the symbol for that item will be inserted
at the cursor position in the currently open document. If you know of any other keystrokes that are missing from the JAWS Command Search, or are not easily
found, please provide us with the name of the keystroke and the search terms you are using to locate it so we can update the command descriptions with
this information to make them easier to find.
• When entering text in contracted braille using the APH Refreshabraille display, addressed a reported issue where contracted words beginning with dots
4-5-6 were not being correctly translated.
• This update contains new scripts from Corel to add JAWS support for the X8 versions of WordPerfect, Quatro Pro, and Presentations.
• Dictionary pronunciation rules have been added so that JAWS now correctly speaks the name "Ai Squared".
• Resolved an issue with the Weather Research It lookup source in the German version of JAWS not displaying the temperature.
• In response to customer requests, you can now configure braille input when the braille language is set to English - United Kingdom.
list of 3 items
• Resolved an issue where JAWS was not reporting background color changes in Excel after turning on "Font, color, and attribute changes indication" in
• Addressed issues with opening drop-down lists contained in cells.
• Addressed an issue where structured braille stopped working correctly if focus moved to a menu and then back to the spreadsheet.
list of 3 items
• Addressed certain instances where combo boxes on a web page were not being shown in the virtual buffer.
• In addition to announcing "has pop up" on aria menu buttons, JAWS now also says "has pop up" for any element that includes the aria-haspopup property.
• Resolved an issue where JAWS was not always announcing the change in status for toggle buttons in Internet Explorer.
list of 3 items
• Resolved an issue where JAWS support for the Windows 10 Calculator was not working as expected.
• Improved JAWS performance in the Windows 10 Open With dialog box, which allows you to select the application to use to open the current file.
• The JAWS settings for the Windows 10 Task Manager are now loaded as expected.
Oregonian, woodworker, Engineer, Musician, and Pioneer
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, July 14, 2016 08:11 AM
Subject: Latest Jaws Update?
This morning, I received notification that a new Jaws update is available.
Does anyone have info as to what this update addresses?
Am trying to decide whether to download and install it here.
Am currently using Jaws 17.0.2211.
Dr. Tom Behler from Michigan