Re: Basic Windows 10 Question

markzalewski@...

I ran the upgrade on two systems and had to different experiences.  But if Jaws can read the prompts and you can follow them it shouldn’t be too difficult.  I can’t vouch for how well Jaws runs on Win10, but my Win7 to Win10 on one system was a piece of cake.  The other one hung up at 99% twice, so I ended up having to download the upgrade file to a USB device and install manually.  It worked like that, and both systems recognized all my old software, I suspect Jaws should be OK.  Freedom Scientific recommends removing any non-updated versions of Jaws, so you may need to delete older versions.  They have other notes on their website at:

https://www.freedomscientific.com/support/TechnicalSupport/Windows10Upgrade

Mark Zalewski

Print Services/Assistive Technology

Phone: 414-661-1380

E-Mail Mark Zalewski

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Mark Arnold ABG
Sent: Tuesday, July 05, 2016 9:44 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Basic Windows 10 Question

Group,

OK, I am going to take the plunge as the “free” upgrade to Windows 10 will expire at the end of the month.  Are there any helpful tips when downloading and installing the new operating system?  I am reasonably computer literate and I am running the latest build of JFW.

Thanks in advance for any websites to visit in this regard,

Mark

This e-mail and any attachments may contain confidential information of Northwestern Mutual. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this e-mail and any attachments is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify Northwestern Mutual immediately by returning it to the sender and delete all copies from your system. Please be advised that communications with {SECURE MESSAGE} in the subject line have been sent using a secure messaging system. Communications that do not have this tag may not be secure and could be observed by a third party. Thank you for your cooperation. Northwestern Mutual is an Official Corporate Partner of the NCAA. NCAA is a trademark of the National Collegiate Athletic Association.

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.