From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Marianne Denning
Sent: Thursday, June 16, 2016 8:02 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Firefox Question

Sharon, you can use alt D in either Firefox or IE to go to a new web page. Ctrl T will allow you to open a web page in a new window and ctrl tab will allo you to go between the open web pages. Ctrl D will mark a web page as a favorite like alt A does in IE. Alt B is how I go to a favorite web page in Fire Fox. As with most things, there are several commands that will perform the same task.

On 6/15/16, Sharon <mt281820@comcast.net> wrote:
How do you even go to an internet address in Firefox? Having used IE,
I do not know where to start. I only want to read web pages and save a
few pages using Firefox but the keystroke combinations in the keyboard
shortcut lists seem confusing to me, like window, tab, file. Can
someone give me the basics? How do I open a web address like in IE I
use control o. and How do I save a file. In IE it's lalt-f a.

Thanks.

Sharon