From: jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com
[mailto:jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com] On Behalf Of Ann Byrne
Sent: Thursday, October 20, 2011 4:09 PM
To: The Jaws for Windows support list.
Subject: RE: access with jaws

I don't remember having success with Access after Office 2007 with
any version of JAWS. If someone else did, though, that's great! I
can enter data into our Access 2010 database at work, but It's a real
trick to read it back to verify what I have entered. JAWS reads when
I move up and down in a column, but not across the row. So if I want
to know whether I have entered Bill's info for May 23, I can use find
to locate the first entry for Bill, and then have to up and down
arrow through the date field to find May. In order, when I find May,
to be sure I haven't changed names, I go to the name column, and up
or down arrow to see if bill's is still the student name or if I have
moved to someone else. Column headings are not read as I go across
the page, and there are almost no hot keys. But I can read a column
header with insert-tab.

I haven't played with design view at all.
At 02:00 PM 10/20/2011, you wrote:
Ann, if do I remember correctly that Ted says JAWS 10 worked well with
Access? What was your experience? If Mike can obtain a copy, would it
be
worth the trouble? Of course, then there's the question of whether an
early
version of JAWS can be safely installed aftter a later one is already
on the
system.