From: jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com
[mailto:jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com] On Behalf Of Nickus de Vos
Sent: Wednesday, October 19, 2011 4:17 PM
To: The Jaws for Windows support list.
Subject: Re: What to do about XP machines

I personally don't know why people is still clinging to xp. I never
had problems with windows 7 and have been using it since its beta days
and it's really not such a big learning curve. If I were you guys
rather upgrade to windows 7 now before 8 comes out because right now
not even jaws 13 will work with windows 8 not even mentioning older
jaws versions and once windows 8 is out it might be difficult to get
hold of a copy of 7. I look at it this way, the world is moving on, so
should I. Adapt or die if technology moves on we as disabled people
can't stay behind. Plus, one of these days new programs will start
having problems running on xp systems, the developers won't put in
effort to make it work on a old windows version, if it works cool but
if not they won't brake their backs in trying to make it work.

On 10/19/11, Lisle, Ted <Ted.Lisle@ky.gov> wrote:
After reading the list of fixes, I've decided to take the plunge
again,
but I'm not going to go to the trouble until the product release. I
was
wondering if service packs might make a difference. I don't remember
what I have at home; it's 2 here. As I recall the differences between
2
and 3 were supposed to be insignificant, and good luck finding a
service
pack for XP now.