Re: Windows 10 Start Menu no longer recognized by the latest JAWS 17 update.

James Malone

Same thing happened here as well.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Ann Byrne
Sent: Monday, June 13, 2016 2:31 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Windows 10 Start Menu no longer recognized by the latest JAWS
17 update.

You are not losing your mind. I have seen this. When it happened to me I
rebooted and JAWS read the menu correctly.
At 08:32 PM 6/12/2016, you wrote:
Hello,
I am a PrivateBeta tester and localizer of the JAWS for Windows screen
reading software, and had a chance to test build 17.0.2211 before it
released out to customers. I have never seen this kind of a serious
issue. There is a small issue with this build and the Windows 10
calculator, which makes the scripts introduced a while back not to load
correctly in this build, but not for the start menu. Not only me, but
others also did not report this problem.

Best,

Adi.

On 6/13/16, Peter Tesar <ptesar@ca.inter.net> wrote:
Hello,

Has anyone else experienced this?
I noticed it a few days ago after updating to the latest JAWS 17.

When I press the Windows key, all I hear is: "cortana".
JAWS no longer announces the items as I arrow up or down. This is
what happened with JAWS 16 and the new Windows 10.

If I kill JAWS and start NVDA, then I can hear the Start Menu items.

The Windows key still works together with the other keys:
WINDOWS+e for File Explorer and
WINDOWS+ i for the setting.

I'm just curious if anyone else has noticed this problem.

Peter T.

--
Regards,

Adi Kushnir.