Re: Windows 10 Start Menu no longer recognized by the latest JAWS 17 update.

Gene Stevens

To uninstall jaws click on the .EXE command for your version of Jaws where ever it is located from when you downloaded it to do the initial install. After doing a bit of setup Jaws will offer you the choice to repair/modify/uninstall Jaws. Choose the uninstall option and follow the prompts.

Sent: Tuesday, June 14, 2016 6:55 AM
Subject: Windows 10 Start Menu no longer recognized by the latest JAWS 17 update.

Thanks for all of your suggestions. I still have not fixed the problem that JAWS will not announce the Start Menu items. I know that the menu is opened and I know how to navigate through it.

All I can do is a repair. I have not found a way to completely uninstall JAWS 17.

I just sent this issue to Tech Support. The automatic response is now from something called VFO.

My last attempt was to reinstall using the latest j17.0.211enu-x64.exe. It started out with the JAWS setup but then I was given 2 options: modify or repair.

So now I have done the repair in two ways and the Start Menu, once opened, JAWS still does not recognize.

I can still right click the Start Menu button and arrow up and down with JAWS announcing most of the menu items. I can also use the file explorer to quickly access the most recently used items.

Now to wait for a response from the VFO tech support. Thanks again for all of your response.

Peter T.