Re: Solution found to the new line announcement problem (was) Further to the vertical tab discussion

Lisle, Ted (CHFS DMS)

No, but JAWS will tell you. Tap the say character key three times, and it'll read out the ascii value.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Carolyn Arnold
Sent: Thursday, June 02, 2016 7:38 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Solution found to the new line announcement problem (was) Further to the virtical tab discussion

Yall amaze me how you can find the ASCII needed. Is there a place in the computer that shows the ASCII characters? Just curious.

Bye for now,

Carolyn

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Thursday, June 2, 2016 12:26 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Solution found to the new line announcement problem (was) Further to the virtical tab discussion

Kimber,

Please do share if you reproduce them. I have never had JAWS announce "new line" with normally "flowed" text in MS-Word up through Word 2013. Of course, I've never heard JAWS announce a Vertical Tab, either, and have been working with JAWS for a long time now.

These behaviors seem recent, and appear to possibly be linked to changes in how Word is working and/or how JAWS is working with it.
--
Brian

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.

~ William James

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.