From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Carolyn Arnold
Sent: Wednesday, June 01, 2016 9:24 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: How To Stop Jaws From Saying "Vertical Tab"

OK, Doc Tom, here's what I suggested, that you use JAWS dictionary, by typing in vertical tab in the place where the dictionary says add, then tab once to put in the word that you want pronounced, where you spell it however you can to make JAWS pronounce it the way you want it to, and hit Spacebar there.

On my computer, I can hit Insert-D and I'm in the Dictionary, but on older programs, and I can also do this, to use the dictionary, you hit Insert-F2. You would be in JAWS Manager, so you type d to get into the dictionary. Enter. It will ask you to hit Control-Shift-D, if you want your substitute in all programs. If you want it only in the specific program you are using for e-mail, do not hit the Control-Shift-D. When you Entered, you should be at Add. So Add means add whatever word you want JAWS to pronounce in another way. You type in the add place the correct word. Then you go to the next tab and type what you want JAWS to say. For instance in mine, I changed per se, because JAWS makes it sound like per see. So at that second tab I typed per say, and it has a more acceptable pronunciation.

Please excuse me, if I told you stuff you already know or more than you ever wanted to know about JAWS Dictionary. I use it a lot.

Bye for now,

Carolyn