Re: How To Stop Jaws From Saying "Vertical Tab"

Lisle, Ted (CHFS DMS)

I saw the further clarifications after writing my last note, so apologies are due.  However, the phrase still seems unusual.  Like Brian, I haven’t used it that often, and it’s definitely been a while. Fooling around with it just now, it says “Column Break” in an e-mail, and says nothing in Word.  Of course, I’m using 2010 here at the office, and that may be the difference.´

Ted

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Lisle, Ted (CHFS DMS)
Sent: Monday, June 06, 2016 12:06 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: How To Stop Jaws From Saying "Vertical Tab"

Announcing page breaks is not that unusual, but the phrase “vertical tab” must be new.  Tom, does it happen when your cursoring, or when you’re in say-all?

ted

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Tom Behler
Sent: Wednesday, June 01, 2016 5:25 PM

Yes, I have, Brian;  and have punctuation set to “some”, as I always have done in the past.

Tom Behler

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Wednesday, June 01, 2016 5:18 PM

Tom,

Have you checked punctuation settings?

I imagine this gets announced when many others don't because it represents an intentional page break where one would not otherwise occur and its a way to let the listener know that you've jumped to the next page "early."
--
Brian

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.

~ William James

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.