Re: Vertical Tab symbol being spoken.
toggle quoted messageShow quoted text
The only major modification I would make to these instructions is in step 7.
In my case, looking for the backslash as instructed didn’t work.
Here are my modified steps:
1. Press JAWS key with D to bring up the dictionary manager.
2. Use CTRL with Shift and D to load the default dictionary manager.
3. Tab to the tree view and press E for English.
4. Expand the English option by using right arrow key.
5. Use down arrow key and find the appropriate synthesizer. You can
also press E for Eloquence, V for ?Vocalizer, V until you find Vocalizer Expressive, etc.
6. Use right arrow to open the appropriate synthesizer item.
7. Down arrow until you find a 011 listing.
JAWS should tell you that this equals Vertical Tab.
8. Tab to the Change button and press spacebar.
9. In the Actual Word field should be the \011. Tab to the
Replacement Word field and press spacebar one time.
10. Tab to OK and use spacebar.
11. Use CTRL with S to save changes.
12. Close the window using Alt with F4.
13. You might or might not need to restart JAWS.
Dr. Tom Behler from Michigan
From: email@example.com [mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org] On Behalf Of Mike B.
Sent: Friday, June 03, 2016 4:57 PM
Subject: Re: Vertical Tab symbol being spoken.
Here are the basic notes:
From: Brian Lee
From: Bill White
----- Original Message -----
From: Tim Ford
Sent: Friday, June 03, 2016 12:38 PM
Subject: Vertical Tab symbol being spoken.
I know a lot of notes were exchanged recently on this list regarding JAWS speaking the vertical tab symbol under certain circumstances. I was not noticing the problem, and did not read any of those emails. But, a friend just asked me what to do to solve the problem.
Would someone on this list be so kind as to give me a brief description of the symptoms and the solution? I would greatly appreciate the accommodation.